Monday, June 29, 2009

People Are Strange

I was walking down the street this morning and there were mountains, literally, of "recycling" out on the curb. The plethora of waste deeply disturbed me. I nabbed some great baby wrapping paper, which I don't really have immediate use for, but figure does not have to be restricted to baby gifts alone. Why would someone throw this away? In this culture where we want things so much and there is such a desire for newness, is this what we have come to? It's just easier to throw unused things away when we move, as long as it is into the recycling. Is that what are our new awakening to the environmental woes of our world has brought us? I desire no more throwing away of perfectly useful objects that are no longer of use or convenience to us. Put in just a smidgeon of effort people.

No comments:

Post a Comment